The worldwide market for mobile apps has been expanding over the last half a decade or so, at a pretty frenetic pace. This, however, has not come as a surprise – since most of the contemporary smartphone applications do, in their own way, make the lives of users just manageable and more enjoyable. If you are not yet a believer in the merits of having mobile apps on your phone, the following arguments might transform you:
1. You get to save more time – A lot, actually. The lifestyle of an average corporate professional is rather hectic, and not always does a person have the luxury of being in front of a desktop/laptop connected to the internet. Accessing web pages via the mobile browser can also be unduly time-consuming (particularly if the network is weak). If you need information on specific issues, using a fast mobile application belonging to the appropriate category would be the best option.
2. You can promote your products/services better – Hiring the services of a professional mobile application development company can improve the visibility of your business as well. You have the opportunity of promoting products through QR codes in engaging corporate apps. If you are careful enough about including all the visual branding elements (logos, symbols, etc.) in the app development graphics, the brand-presence of your products/services would become stronger too.
3. You can make regular tasks less complex – There are plenty of custom mobile applications, which help users to draw up reports, make involved calculations, and perform intricate research analyses with consummate ease. Most of these apps come with the property of chart and/or graph-creation as well. No longer do you need to slog for hours while preparing a quarterly report – a mobile app can do the task accurately, and much quicker.
4. Apps are fun – According to studies conducted by practically every noted application development company, gaming apps enjoy really high popularity levels. Buoyed by this fact, professional app developers are constantly coming up with new and interesting ideas, which can be implemented to make standout games for smartphones. Right from educational games for toddlers, to action, arcade and strategy games for teenagers – there are numerous mobile apps in all categories.
5. You get personalized services – You can get all the health, diet, finance updates and other important information from the web – but how can you be sure what would be exactly relevant for you? This is yet another point where sophisticated mobile apps prove to be of great value. There are customized virtual fitness coaches, diet planners, daily task schedulers, and even personal budget trackers. In almost every walk of life, you can have mobile applications as your companion.
6. You get greater value from your mobile features with apps – With the domains of different app development making rapid strides – the native functionality of contemporary smartphone apps has become remarkably high. Many of these applications can be used with the in-built camera of handsets, while there are others that make use of the GPS and other location-based features on your smartphone. Without a set of well-selected applications, you are not likely to get the fullest value out of your expensive mobile set.
7. You can use apps offline too – Not all of them, of course – but there are many mobile applications that do not require internet connectivity. In particular, most of the gaming apps and storytelling apps for children work perfectly well offline. Before purchasing any application, you can easily ascertain whether it would function offline (or in a weak network), from the online app stores.
8. You can subscribe to push notifications – Smartphone apps make it much easier to keep track of all the events, functions and other activities happening around you, on a real-time basis. While shopping at the local mall, you can get notifications about attractive discounts that might be being offered there. If you are planning to dine out with your family, a location-based mobile application can bring to you the address, directions and user-reviews of the finest restaurants in the locality. All that you need to do is stay wary of too many promotional mails.
9. You can make your social connections better – Mobile application tools and concepts are implemented in most cases in a manner that, the resultant apps offer seamless access to Facebook, Twitter and other social media portals for users. Irrespective of whether you have posted a high score in a game, or have come across a new recipe, watched the latest blockbuster movie or participated in any other interesting activity – you can post/tweet about it on your timeline. Similarly, you can keep track of what your friends are doing via mobile apps too.
Since most present-day smartphone applications come with elegant app development graphics and user-friendly interfaces – operating them is not likely to prove challenging, even for those with minimal technical knowledge. Downloading and installing apps from the online stores is a straightforward process, price levels are mostly competitive, and there are plenty of free apps too. The list of advantages that high-end mobile apps have on offer is a long one – if you are not using them, you are definitely missing out!